Saturday, August 27, 2005

Wisdom in age

This morning as I was passing out water at the local farmer's market, I had the treat of observing some toddlers. Running with a smile, in pursuit of touching the fountain of water that was before them, these children displayed a simple sign of being content with what was in front of them- the outpouring of water. How I love that Jesus calls us to be like children. These children appeared to have no worries bogging their minds that would prevent them from enjoying one of life's simple joys; instead they enjoyed the present before them. How refreshing!

This evening I had the pleasure of spending time with my grandma. I learn so much from my grandparents. Today I've appreciated how my grandma has adapted to the adversities in her life. Her hip is not working well, but she is adapting and not complaining. I complain about things that I can change in my life. I appreciate her 84 years of experience in life- that she is the stain master in removing stains and can put a good balance and perspective to life that comes from experience and wisdom.

The young and old- the inbetween agers can learn much from them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home