Saturday, March 20, 2010

White Tulips

Today as I went out for my morning jog I saw my first spring flowers poking out of the ground. Not only was it just any flower, but my favorite- white tulips! Perhaps 5 years ago when I was working at a nearby nursing home, one of the ladies who I was working with had been given a solitary white tulip; it was so beautiful to me. Something about that flower grabbed me- perhaps it was its simplicity, the beauty or the representation of purity. Anyway, from that excursion, I feel in love with white tulips!



Today as I saw those beautiful white tulips- I was reminded of the unseen. I'm sure if I had run by the same place one week ago, I would have not seen any flowers. However, there was a lot of growth occuring underground- I just couldn't see it! Just as faith! Don't give up in believing without seeing- for faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen. God works in the unseen and that encourages me- so be encouraged today! I felt like I was doubly encouraged with that thought paired with my beautiful white tulips!

2 Comments:

Anonymous OH Sidney! Blog said...

I love tulips too! I don't think I've ever seen white tulips before though. Interesting. I'm sure I'll notice a white tulip next time. I'd like to invite you to visit my blog about Sidney. I've added you to my list of links of Sidney bloggers.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Lynnster said...

Thank you for the invitation to visit your site- I enjoyed watching the youtube video about Sidney

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home