Sunday, September 11, 2005

Victory

OK- I haven't realized it's been awhile since I've written in my blog. So, this entry is actually going to be backdated to last Saturday. Sitting amongst a roaring sea of scarlet and gray, my mind starts to reminisce back to a Sunday morning service that I attended many years ago. During the sermon, the minister talked about how excited the Ohio State fans get and when the touchdown occurs we as fans go spastic, and yes, I personally know that experience! I love a Buckeye touchdown. He talked about do we as Christians get that excited about Jesus. And as my mind pondered of these man's words I continued that thought even further. As I watched the Miami/ Ohio State game, I looked at all of the people sitting in the stands as they were anticipating a win. Attentively watching and a full participant in who would actually win the game (however, I don't think we had to ponder too hard, sorry Miami fans out there). I related that then to Jesus, and that He has won the victory. We don't have to wonder and actively watch the match-up, but we can rest assured that He has won. How wonderful it is, that even when I feel like I've messed up- and fumbled the ball, that my God has regained possession and ran it in for a touchdown on my behalf. When I've thrown an interception, again I ask for forgiveness and BAM- my God has once again regained the interception and brought it into the inzone. But thanks be to God who gives us to the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1Corinthians 15:57

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, the football analogy is great. And just like Judge Robert's baseball comments, they all loose their actual beauty on Europeans. But I do know what you mean. I just got done with 1. Cor. actually today. Can't wait to see you this weekend.k.

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home