Monday, March 29, 2010

Realignment


A friend of mine lately has been talking of a new chiropractor. She's been telling me how this man provides a lot of education and of course physical manipulation to gain realignment. I have never been to a chiropractor; however, I have been a recipient of misalignment. About two years I had my first bout of Illiotibial Band Syndrome, which the IT Band runs along the outside of your thigh. From that tightness, I had one hip higher than the other...so I went to an Athletic Trainer/Physical Therapist who gave me stretches and exercises to complete. Lately I have been thinking of the spiritual aspect; I have heard one definition of righteousness of being in right alignment with God. Thankfully that is a relationship with His Son, but I become saddened as I think there is a misunderstanding about the word relationship. A relationship with Jesus doesn't just mean a one time prayer- it is ongoing; we need to continue to talk with Him. God has called us to a HOLY calling. "Let everyone who names the name of the Lord abstain from wickedness"- 2 Timothy 2:19. When we get misaligned we need to come back into alignment- and that may be in instruction according to God's Word; however, not knowing anything about chiropractic practice, I think of a cracking or a breaking. At times I believe the Lord allows brokenness to occur to get that alignment. Thankfully His purpose is not for pain, it's for a fully functioning spine- the stability of our body- without our spine we could not stand, turn, move- use our upper/lower extremities. O Lord- today may we be in correct alignment for Your beautiful purposes!

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Alignment, indeed!! Great post, great insight!

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home