Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring Cleaning


This week starts my spring break week! Yay- am definitely needing a break! Of course with spring comes the tradition of spring cleaning! Although yesterday was my regular cleaning routine- dusting, vacuuming, cleaning bathroom, laundry, etc. However, yesterday I guess I was a little more thorough in my cleaning. As I was cleaning my lamp, which sets on my coffee table beside my couch, I noticed this left over residue. I had remembered that awhile back, a friend had accidentally tripped and spilled their hair gel- well some of it unbeknownst to me still remained somewhat hidden on my lamp!! So down I went to scrape it off- that residue was tricky- very sticky and somewhat hidden! Then later in the day I grasped a hold of this word that is found in James 1:21, which states "So get rid of all uncleanness and the rampant outgrowth of wickedness, and in a humble (gentle, modest) spirit receive and welcome the Word which implanted and rooted [in your hearts] contains the power to save your souls. This rampant outgrowth of wickedness in the Greek is perisseia; the meaning: residue, remains: the wickedness remaining over in a Christian from his state prior to conversion. Thankfully God's Word gives us a How To Guide- when we see this residue, we better not let it remain. This residue again could be hidden to us and rather sticky as some of it has been there for awhile. Then on the contrary we can in a humble spirit welcome and receive God's Word- His Word is the Ultimate Cleanser! Holy Spirit come and get out Your Divine Dust Rag and wipe us clean so none of that residue may remain that we may be spotless and beautiful in your sight- how you originally intended us to be!

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Great illustration, Lynn!!! Very vivid!!!

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home