Sunday, January 08, 2006

Teamwork


Last Monday seated on my parents couch my eyes were glued to ABC as I watched the Ohio State Buckeyes take on Notre Dame. As always, the Buckeyes make me sweat a little, but I do enjoy a good game. Initially I was a little troubled by the first drive of Notre Dame as it resulted in a touchdown. But then the Buck boys came fightin' back and Ginn did great, making some fabulous catches. As my dad said, "here he goes A' Ginn and A' Ginn." The best highlights of the game for me happened near the end of the game. The game was sealed as Antionio Pittman broke through the line and scored a touchdown with time going down on the clock in the 4th quarter. What happened however to allow him to keep going and cross the goal line, was two crucial blocks by Ginn and Holmes, two players who usually do the catching and running. My mom exclaimed, "That's teamwork". How true, how true. These two- Ginn and Holmes- usually are in the spotlight, but they went into the background and allowed Pittman to plow through. I love that about the body of Christ. How God intended that the body help one another to achieve an ultimate goal. It's not about one person always getting the attention, or when people focus on attaining their goals for only self-accomplishment, which can be an easy thing to want and/or do. But, that's what I love about Jesus- I'll conclude with one of my favorite verses..."Making my joy complete, by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose. Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind let each of you regard one another as more important than himself; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of tohers. Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who although existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross." Phillipians 2:2-8.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home