Monday, November 28, 2005

Post-Thanksgiving

I have to say as I get older I think I love Thanksgiving more and more. Of course I love the food- who can beat turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, zuchini bread (one of my favorite grandma's dishes) and deviled eggs (my other favorite of grandmas). Delicious. Of course we can't forget pumpkin pie with cool whip, or should I say cool whip with some pumpking pie. Yes, I do like a lot of whip on my pie :) I also love what Thanksgiving represents- I time to be thankful. Of course the pilgrims had a lot to be thankful for- floating across the ocean back then is very impressive, besides they didn't have vaccines, microwaves, electric heat- all things I can be thankful for now. I love when my consciousness turns to thankfulness my attitude begins to change. Maybe that's why God says- be thankful always for this is the Lord's will for you- let me back up- not maybe- it's 100% true.

Then Thanksgiving is over and it's hard to get back into the swing of things at work- I turn a little lazy. Then I go to the YMCA tonight for some PULSE class- man, oh man does my pulse go up in that class. I'm huffing and puffing even more tonight. I"m like I'm one of the younger ones in the class- I can't let these older people show me up. But as I'm laying on my side lifting my left leg up and rotating it for the 58th time the burning becomes a little too intense and I succumb to pain and rest and yes those older people kept plugging away. Maybe next time....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home