Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Evening of fellowship

Last night was so enjoyable. I'm thankful to the Lord that He's blessed me with a home where I can entertain and host people for dinner and fellowship. My dear friend Julie came to speak to these women about her ministry with Campus Crusade for Christ at the University of Michigan- to which I respond they need Jesus too- the avid Buckeye fan that I am! There were seven of us women and we enjoyed some tacos, melon salsa and dessert. There was such a sweet spirit there as the women told of their own personal stories of how they came to be in relationship with Jesus. One story totally cracked me up....one of the ladies husband will respond, "Bless ya Lord, bless ya Lord" during our church services. Listening to this man's response another woman kept thinking- why is this man saying, "Betcha Bob, betcha bob." Finally the lady couldn't take it anymore and asked why does he say betcha, bob, betcha bob and she found out that he was truly saying, "Bless ya Lord," oh, my oh my did I laugh hard on that one. How fun it is to truly enjoy one another's company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home