Friday, April 28, 2006

Jim Tressel


Yes- you're eyes are not playing tricks on you! That is Jim Tressel standing right beside me. A couple of weeks ago I got an invitation from the OSU alumni association inviting me to a fundraising luncheon with Jim Tressel. Normally I don't do much with the alumni association except to belong to it so I can obtain those coveted Buckeye tickets :) However, since this luncheon included Jim Tressel I was all about going. What I like about Jim, is his character and integrity- and I got to tell that to him too! I feel like he has vision and that was confirmed as he talked about a new Woody Hayes center to be created for the players to keep them away from the temptations of High Street. He cares about the well-being of his players and has forsight to implement safeguards- I like that. To be a coach, one has to have vision. You have to have vision of winning and the game plan of how that will happen- what will be the offensive plays- how will the defense be set up. He seemed personable and was very generous signing numerous programs, T-shirts, signs, etc. As I sat with a random grouping of people I had to chuckle to the lady beside me and said this is one event where the men outnumbered the women :) Jim talked about the NFL draft tomorrow and the character of AJ Hawk- how he turned down ritzy places and offers to rather be home with his family for the annoucement of the draft- that he told the NFL recruiters that he would not miss out a workout if he were to visit their facilities and I'm sure to be wined and dined. So he has been getting up at 4:30 AM in the morning to work out. Dilligence, Determination...I like that. I like that Jim wanted to talk about what a great person AJ is- not on all of his athletic abilities, which speaks for themselves, but on AJ as a person. Can you tell that I enjoyed the day? Go Bucks!
I had to put one more picture of me getting his autograph :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home