Thursday, April 13, 2006

Candle in the wind





Today I went down to the Dayton Art Institute to see the celebration of Diana exhibit. The world was fascinated with Diana- and that includes me. I think the fascination stemmed from her genuiness, her realness- she didn't present herself as uppedity royalty but rather like someone you would want to share a cup of tea with. I am amazed that she got married at the age of 20, she was yet sooo young! And Charles was 13 years her elder- I didn't know that piece of information. They actually had not dated long- the first date happened in July of 1980 and they were married less than a year later in 1981. Interesting enough, Charles used to date Diana's older sister. The exhibit was wonderful, it made you see even more of Diana's realness. In one of the rooms a video was playing showing Diana's christening at just a baby and then you watched her grow up- swimming in a pool, dancing her heart out. I didn't know that dance was her passion. Then another passion was serving in different charities. She traveled to Indonesia where she visited a leprosy colony and not only interacted with people but literally touched them. Mother Theresa had given her a prayer book- where Mother Theresa inscribed inside that Jesus is the light. When looking at newspaper articles, I had forgotten that Mother Theresa had passed away the same weekend. Diana's life was beautiful- seeing the exibit saddened my heart- England's rose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home