Friday, March 03, 2006

Flinging flashlights

OK- so I hate to put a new post up, because I have to say I reaaally love the picture of the sunset. The actual sunset of my previous post is from Israel. On to my next post. So today I'm at work and evaluated new little ones to see if they have a developmental delay that would qualify them for services. This morning this cute little blond hair blue-eyed boy came in and man did he come in. He sure was an active little one- can you say...everywhere?? We elect one person who is the "player" and their role is to play with the child- actually to have them perform various tasks, whether it be fine motor, gross motor, speech, or cognition. So the teacher today had quite a task in front of her: 1) to keep him entertained with the task at hand 2)to have him stay seated to actually complete the task! While his eyes roamed to see what toys were available his eyes fell upon the beloved flashlight. However, because he was such a busy little one, he bonked the poor teacher in the head a couple of times- ouch! But then I thought- as adults we don't react by retaliating and hitting the child back- we may correct them. When we think that this is just a child and much patience has to be exhibited even when it hurts. We look past the hurt and want the best for the child- for the child to reach his/her potential. Then I thought about Jesus, how in Scripture it says, "He was wounded for our transgressions, bruised for our iniquites; the chastisement of our peace was on Him, and with His stripes we are healed." Sometimes I can be too active- too caught up in me, that I start swinging my flashlight around and boom- my Savior corrects me, displines me (for those who He loves, He disciplines), takes those blows....for by His stripes we are healed....thank you for your patience Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home