Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Figure skating


Last night, taking it easy on my couch (refer to the previous posting) my eyes were glued to the pairs of figure skating. My roommate and I talked about how we love the pair skating. Thinking about how many hours they have practiced those routines is mind boggling. Even as they competed I thought of how many times these pairs must have fallen. However one would not know that from watching them glide so faultlessly over the ice. The first Chinese pair skated with beauty- I agreed with the commentator stating, "They deserve their own personal medal." They skated with their heart- their flips were beautiful and with such great height. Then the Russians came on, the ones that won the gold. The commentator had mentioned that in October 2004, Totmianina (the woman) suffered a concussion following a head-first fall during a lift by Marinin at the Skate America grand prix. During the event, Marinin did appear cautious during the lift; however, I loved the trust that Totmianina and these other woman showed to their partners- they allowed them to pick them up with the chance that they might fall. Then came the last competitors from China and near the beginning of their performance, the Chinese woman fell hard on her knees. Her partner came and wrapped his arms around her waist, just being with her to comfort her. After the trainers checked out her knee and she regrouped, she performed amazingly well. So well in fact that the achieved a silver medal! As I watched these couples, I told Jesus that I wanted to skate with Him in life. I want to be in synchrony with Him, as he initiates my moves and I follow; trust Him as He picks me up and if I fall He wraps His arms around me and gives me the motivation to perform and achieve medal status. Here we go again= when we say Jesus is our all in all I guess that includes an ice skater. Did they have those in Jerusalem?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home