Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Spring!

I woke up this morning to the telephone ringing- and that means either a) bad news or b) great news of a delay or school closure. To my excitement, it was the latter choice (although I still had to report at the same time for a meeting). Then I heard all of the birds chirping like crazy- the sun already up. I love spring!!! As I was getting ready this morning the Holy Spirit placed Isaiah 35 in my head. Curious of what it said, guess what??? I looked it up :) "The wilderness and the desert will be glad, and the desert will rejoice and blossom; like the crocus it will blossom profusely and rejoice with rejoicing and shout of joy....and the ransomed of the LORD will return, and come with joyful shouting to Zion, with everlasting joy upon their heads. They will find gladness and joy, and sorrow and sighing will flee away." I was thinking it is so true, that God can take nothing and make it into something. The blah of winter with no vegetation, all the birds in Florida and then out of nothing, there come my hydrangea popping their little sprouts out. Even at the end- with the blahs of winter that may lead people into a stupper or depression- our God can make that sorrow and sighing flee and replace it with everlasting blooms of gladness and joy. For in His presence there is fulness of joy!! Faith is the things hoped for the essence of things unseen- God makes something out of nothing- that's a God I want to serve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home