Monday, April 03, 2006

Removal of specks from my eye

What a Monday- do you ever have many odd occurences in one day. Initially I was finding myself getting upset at different events that occurred and sometimes it seems when one event you find irritating the other circumstances start to snowball. I so need the Holy Spirit in those times- later I thought- I need to find a bathroom to lock the door and pray- and say Lord help me and renew my mind. Instead I find myself feeding off of my own anger and my own misunderstandings. Then the Lord allowed grace to flow in my life to step back and gain understanding. To gain understanding is so important; it takes away the edge. I was so focused on me and what my views are and that I need to communicate these- that I can't assume that another can read my mind. I'm so glad that the Holy Spirit convicts, because then I could see my own plank in my eye- my own misunderstandings, criticalness and the pride in myself that likes to rage.

Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?
4 "Or how can[2][Lit will ] you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye?
5 "You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

I like verse 5- then- key word then suggesting an action taking prior to this...you will see clearly.

To see clearly after removing that log out of my eye so I can see! Amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home