Saturday, January 13, 2007

Freedom Writers

OK- right now I'm feeling a little guilty as I'm blogging in Panera Bread and I'm seated in a big booth- and guess what? It's just me- as I look around there are no other available seats- so I'm feeling a little guilty. OK- I don't have to feel guilty anymore, now I'm sitting at a smaller table :) On to blogging.....
FREEDOM WRITERS







Well, last night my roommate and I saw Freedom Writers. What an excellent movie! I love true stories and movies that are inspiring. I highly recommend this movie. Hillary Swank plays a teacher whose desire is to teach English to inner city high schoolers. Initially she can't contain the class- fights are breaking out and their lives are marked with violence from gangs. In this school integration has occurred; however although the school is integrated the kids segregate themselves. So she lays down red tape and asks them a series of questions which bring them together. What I love is that she hits their emotions and the learning begins. More importantly their compassion is stirred and that choose to make positive changes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home