Thursday, October 05, 2006

Answered prayer continued...

Last night after I wrote my blog, I was reading this book entitled "Let Prayer Change Your Life" and I'm going to write the last part of the chapter. So appropriate after what I wrote last night...

"I learned that prayer is not a monologue to a deaf God, but a conversation with a God who hears prayer. Prayer is not helping God with an answer; it is asking God to help. It is not telling God what to do; it is telling Him my needs. It isn't so much for the disciplined as for the undisciplined! Prayer is not necessarily meant to be an easy joy ride, but it definitely is a spiritual discipline that produces joy! Prayer is not just coming to Jesus; it is letting Jesus come into me! Prayer is not only for the educated, seminatry scholar; it is for anyone who will practice, perservere, and plan to pray! Prayer is not a substitute for time in the Word; it will lead to the Word. Prayer is not for the impatient, but for the one who waits! Prayer is not a place to boast, but a place to confess. Prayer is not my motivating God, but God's motivating me. Prayer is not a waste of time; it is an appointment with the King of kings! My perspective of prayer and God changed!"

So true....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home