Friday, July 28, 2006

Blogging in China

Wow- we're finally in China- yippee! It's been quite a ride- literally. Why do I get surprised when I hear messages about trials- literally all last week and then they occur. Wow- have they occurred on the trip. First our flight was delayed out of Dayton and then we couldn't get off of the plane due to an electrical problem; therefore the pilots could not turn off the engines until a battery generator could be plugged into the plane. We did not get off of the plane until 12:00; our flight left at 12:03- we missed our flight to Beijing. Thankfully United housed us in the Crown Plaza and thankfully I had spent a summer in Chicago- so I suggested we all go down to Chinatown and eat some yummy Giordanni's pizza. Everyone learned how to ride the el. Then the next day our flight was again delayed, but good came from it. We got to meet a lot of neat people- including Mac from China. Then was the long journey of 13 hours on the plane- 4 movies, none of which I watched- I slept for maybe 3 hours- then saw Tienammen Square, where we lost some members of the other team joining us- stopped at the Pearl Market and then had dinner with a show. We had problems getting our room. From this- I feel refined being dependent on him. knowing that i can't produce fruit from myself in these situations- seeing how my patience can go downhill with little sleep and circumstances. but today i'm refreshed and tomorrow we go to the orphanage. More later....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home