Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July


Happy 4th of July! Last night I got to view some superb fireworks down in Dayton along the Riverscape. It was soooo packed. I waited in line probably 25 minutes for an ice cream bar- yum, but wow what a wait! We hiked down this steep hill so we could be close to the levy and spread out some blankets and sheets and enjoyed the show. I was amazed to see how many people gather to watch this awesome display in the air. During the firework display, one of the fireworks was extremely bright, so bright that as I looked around I could see people's faces contrasted so much by the darkness of night. I stopped to think about all of these people- drawn to see a spectacular show. I was thinking- I wish all of these people would come to God and man would He show them a show. God loves to display Himself in marvelous ways and what's cool is we have access at all times. We don't have to wait until the 4th of July.

Then tonight I had another display of fireworks to observe in T-Roy :) Beautiful fireworks again by the levy- and tonight I just was thankful for independence. Thinking of countries where they don't have it- thinking of our armed forces in Iraq right now that are fighting and don't get to see the fireworks. Lord, thank you for these men, sacrificing their lives for us and their country.

Any more fireworks for tomorrow? No- I think I'm done for this year :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home