Sunday, June 11, 2006

whirlwind

Wow- what a weekend....where to start. Last night was truly a blessing. My grandmother will be having hip replacement surgery this week and last night my family all had pizza and we looked at some old pictures. Very fun to see the resemblences of different family members. I love pictures. After my grandma's house, I went to my brother's church. It is always a blessing to go there. Truly the Lord's presence is there- you can feel Him. It's amazing this church- stuck in the middle of no where, really and in an old school house, yet so much life comes forth from that church. The young man that was speaking was talking about mediating on God's word; so refreshing. It's amazing to me- that when I arrived I was pretty pooped out and then listening to the Word of the Lord reenergizes me. Then we prayed- I loved that people had posted their prayer requests and people would just go over and pick some and pray. Then today at church was good- I love this verse- I need to meditate on this one: "So we built the wall and the whole wall was joined together to half its height, for the people had a mind to work." Having a mind to work- on the days that I may feel lazy, or days that I don't think I can get things done- having a mind to work. Then one of the gals from church came over and we had a nice time. Then, all of these bombardments- reading a support letter from a lady who works with Campus Crusade of a fellow staff member who was 35 who died from a brain tumor who has two little boys. Oh, my heart was saddened; but lingering on this sadness or prayers that had gone up and the disappointment....but then the Lord reminded me of His grace- that this man is with Him; that God will provide for his family; that Jesus wept over his friend's death; that nothing seperates us from the love of God. That praising God through the storm, is of sooo high importance.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi lynn
you are wonderful
k.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home