Friday, June 30, 2006

Choosing to Walk in Love

It's Friday and what a wonderful Friday it is- so beautiful! I went to the YMCA earlier today. Back in May I lost my YMCA card- and you have to pay to get a new one. The cheapskate that I am- I just say I don't have my card- they look me up- and then I get in. Well, today the same lady has been behind the desk and she said- you really should bring your card. I responded by saying- I've lost it- and then she says- have you checked your pockets? Which I have- checked everywhere- it's been since May...Now, I realize I do look younger than my age; however I hope I don't look like I'm in high school. As I continued to work out, my mind continues to think about this- feeling like I had been treated as a child as I think of telling her that I'm in my upper 20s. But then, my mind remembers what the sermon was on Sunday- choosing to walk in love. So as I headed up to the desk, I had already determined to choose to walk in love. I initiated saying goodbye to this lady while smiling and conversed with another YMCA employee; and then this lady came over and displayed kindness and asked what type of card I had. The LORD wants to us to walk in love- even when people don't initiate kindness, even when people don't return kindness; but at times- when you choose to walk in love, others will change and their hearts soften and kindness will be reciprocated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home