Monday, July 24, 2006

Detour




Today I've been getting ready to go to China! There will be a group of us serving at an orphanage there. In the many preparations I headed to school to gather some supplies. On the way there- the driveway was blocked off due to repairs. As I was going on my minor detour to the other driveway, I just enjoyed sticking my arm out of the window feeling the wind's force. As I was thinking of the wind- we can't see it, but we know it's there because we can feel it. Oh Lord, how that is true with you- we can't see You- but your presence is there b/c we can feel it. Your Spirit moves us, just as the wind does. As I continued to drive, driving in a square to get to the other driveway, the scenery is gorgeous- so many trees and so green. I had to smile as I thought of the detour, how enjoyable it had been. Are there detours in your life? Perhaps, they really aren't that bad- maybe they are made to be enjoyable....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home