Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

Wow- hello 2007! I do enjoy the concept of a new year- a new start, a new vision, a new goal. So as I look ahead to 2007, I want to do my highlights of 2006....


1) China- having most of my summers off allowed me to go and help at an orphanage in Siping. While there, I was humbled how gracious and giving the Chinese people were to us, being convicted at the body of Christ- how we need more of this generous giving. It was a little harder than I expected with cultural changes. But, the children were wonderful- how God does have a heart for the orphans. "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world" James 1:27. That God's heart is in adoption- that as His kids He has adopted us.










2) Learning more on my guitar- love the guitar

3) Enjoying my first full year with my work with infants and toddlers- how I enjoy them and how much they teach me!

4)Of course there is mention of Ohio State- getting to go to two OSU games and getting to meet Jim Tressell!! What a man of integrity and humility! I just love the story of Troy Smith and Jim Tressell- I love that two years ago I would have NEVER thought that Troy would have been even a candidate for the Heisman. I love that as Jim disciplined him two years ago, by sitting him out of the bowl game, he didn't give up on him; he gave him another chance. I love how their relationship has fostered and the respect and love that they have for one another- such a great representation of the Father and His kids.










As I look to 2007- may the Lord help me to continue to seek Him- to not let time just slip by, but making the most of the days He has given. To continue to believe my Lord for great and mighty things. I don't want to limit Him, but to let Him be exalted. May He have His way by His grace. Some goals: to finish and train for a triathlon, new direction for ministry :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home