Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Gladiator



After three attempts I finished watching the movie Gladiator yesterday. I recently heard someone mention it and I had never seen it. This piqued my interest and down to the library I went! My breaks in between watching the movie were not to a disinterest in the movie, but rather my schedule. This movie grasped my interest and left me thinking quite a bit. Viewing Maximas- I believe in the core each of us appreciate people of valor and integrity. We root for the good guy to win and for the bad guy to go down. I know corruption exists today, but in those days would have been shocked to see the actual brutality. As I watched the battles that ensued, my spirit realized how true this is of the spiritual world. Thankfully the Lord declares the battle belongs to Him. I have to say I closed my eyes on quite a few scenes because of the blood and gore. But, I did rejoice in seeing the sword come out- and in my spirit wanted to use the Sword of the Spirit not against people as our war is not against flesh and blood but against powers, principalities against the dark forces of this world. My heart hurt watching the scenes where people were enslaved into bondage, which ultimately would lead to their own death. My heart hurt even more realizing that this happens today- not in the physical sense but in the spiritual sense. However, today sin disguises itself as attractive, appealing, "fun" however, sin ultimately leads to death- there is nothing fun or attractive about it when the mask is removed. Another touching point of the movie was when Maximas raises up as a leader to unify the barbarians to fight together- he states we must work together to win. Oh- this is what we need to do- is truly be unified- not to operate solely; for we cannot achieve victory alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home