Friday, March 21, 2008

Lessons from a hamstring...who would have thought?!!

Seriously- I have to chuckle at my Lord teaching me so much from this hamstring of mine. First though- I have praises of my Jesus! Jesus- thank You that You chose to lay down your life in love- thank You for Your passion for us. I am thankful; I am grateful; I am humbled; I am tearful. Thank You. Praises that I got to attend the Good Friday service with my parents- which was really good. We were admonished about truth- that truth at times does bring pain, but it is good and it does set us free. Jesus You are truth! Things can be true, but that doesn't mean they are truth. Good stuff. Then I had a wonderful lunch outing with my brother at McDonalds. I loved it- and he admonished his big sis- which I was suprised about, but truly blessed. Thank you Mark. God is working in my brother's life- praise the Lord- Mark listened and heeded the Holy Spirit- yeah! Like I said I was extremely blessed by it. Then I headed to St. Paris- where I love God's reminders that He is a good provider, when you least expect it! So a couple days ago I got a phone call from my dad saying that the bank in St. Paris said I had two checks from interest from a CD from four years ago. It was $20- but what a suprise! Then I stopped at my grandma's and truly had a wonderful time talking about all the ways God has blessed us. We are blessed to trust Him. God does inhabit the praises of His people!

So as I'm at my grandma's my hamstring starts hurting- well, aching majorly. Have you ever worked out and then bam- the next day, or if you're like me- it's two days after it hurts like the dickens. Ok- where does that phrase come from? Hopefully that's appropriate- it just came to my head. Back to topic....ha, ha..... so I was thinking about why my hamy was aching. Well, on Wed I had my second physical therapy appointment. My hips were in better alignment, she observed me running- no overt problems and then she had me do exercises. Well, I was on this nautilus machine laying on my belly lifting this bar up with the backs of my legs- then I was to isolate the right leg and lower the bar down. Three sets of 10. Wasn't quite thinking clearly- as when I go to the Y- the most I do of anything is 2 sets of 10 and I never isolated one leg. So, today I'm paying the price. I was thinking how does this correlate to what God is teaching me. Waiting. So when we plunge in too fast and don't wait for the LORD- we're not ready, we don't know how to handle it- and it's too much, it's not healthy- and man, my body doesn't function the way it should as I'm limping. It's hard for us to wait. I was reminded as well as I was driving home- I was at the intersection of two St. Rts and I wanted to get home. Well, here comes this semi and I thought if I didn't wait for this semi- bam- it would be deadly. Of course I could go when the coast was clear- there is a time to go. So, Lord teach us Your kids how to wait- when to go- counsel us and guide us. I loved it today as I read- yes, when I acknowledge the LORD (in every situation) and He will guide my path. I acknowledge You oh God! I love You!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Cafe Six said...

Waiting. That's what we are trying to paitently do while looking forward to Paul's transfer to Ohio. We are really looking forward to getting out of what we feel is Sodom and Gomorrah and raising our children elsewhere. We feel a strong calling to go elsewhere... and Ohio, just happens to be available. But the waiting... oh the waiting. Slowing down is exactly what our family needs right now.

Love to you, keep up the great blog, Lynn.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home