Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Amazing Grace



Last night I watched Amazing Grace, the life story of William Wilberfoce. Living in Ohio I knew of Wilberfoce University, but sad to say I didn't know anything about William Wilberfoce. How appropriate that I watched this movie last night as I feel like God is teaching me about grace. His grace is SO sufficient! He's been teaching me- Lynn, do you believe in my grace and rely on my grace? In the past I didn't actively believe in God's provision of His grace as I ended up relying on my own strength. Sunday, I asked for His grace- and I'm thankful I can come to my God for any reason- big or small! This weekend I helped with a sexual purity retreat. I do get excited to think that people committed their lives to be pure sexually- that God has good intentions for waiting! That was communicated well this weekend. So I got back on Saturday and had three high school girls for an overnighter. So, needless to say, Lynn didn't get a ton of sleep over the weekend- and since I'm following Runner's World half marathon training I was scheduled for my 8 mile run on Sunday. I had never run more than 6.2 miles before. So, at church I asked for prayer for grace to run (and for the next two months with my schedule)- because I know my body- that when I get little sleep and push myself physically my immune system will run down. When asking for prayer- I was asked do you believe? How appropriate. God's grace: SUFFICIENT! I felt good after my run and am well- praise the LORD- that is His grace: unmerited favor- divine influence straight from His good Hand! So- in the grand scheme of life that is little compared to what John Newton faced. He is the man that wrote the song Amazing Grace as he was in charge of a slave ship. Watching the movie, you could see how hurt this man was as he was part of people undergoing slavery. Grace- God gave him/me/us grace- a free gift- as He forgave us through His Son through faith- I'm getting excited about all of these correlations between faith and grace! Yeah Jesus! Please Lord increase our faith- we believe help our disbelief! I praise You for Your amazing grace- the grace that covers our sin, our mistakes- and even goes beyond that- to make changes- Your sanctifying grace. You bring Your children out of slavery of sin, to the freedom in Your beautiful Son- that's amazing grace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home