Monday, February 18, 2008

obsequious

So I've been into words lately!! Love it! So I found this word on my myspace account- curious, I had no idea what it meant. So off to dictionary.com I went. Here is what I found out:
ob·se·qui·ous /əbˈsikwiəs/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uhb-see-kwee-us
1. characterized by or showing servile complaisance or deference; fawning: an obsequious bow.
2. servilely compliant or deferential: obsequious servants.
3. obedient; dutiful.

As I looked at fawn- I thought- I don't know this word either- off to another word search. Here is what I found out:
1. To exhibit affection or attempt to please, as a dog does by wagging its tail, whining, or cringing.
2. To seek favor or attention by flattery and obsequious behavior.

Yes- Lord- this is what I want!!!!!!!!!!! May I be servantly obeying you- I do want to exhitbit affection and worship you by obeying you- to please You in all of my ways.

He is such a good Daddy! I am so blessed by Him. Hallelujah; Be at rest my soul!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home