Saturday, February 09, 2008

Waiting on God


I love when the Lord teaches me new things and I'm now in a season of whole new terrority! Wow! Waiting....so much to talk about on this subject! In the US- truly we don't have to wait for anything- nuke it, fast food, fast forward, google it! Now, I have to say I am thankful for these ammenities! But, I am one that is impatient. In the past I'll be waiting in line in Krogers and finding myself impatient. Waiting- to be honest- I can get irritated in waiting! But, God has been showing me that there is gooooooooood that is in waiting on Him! So He's been giving me wonderful examples of waiting and the implications that result in rushing. So first- let's take bananas. So, if I have some green bananas, I have to wait for them to get to that nice shade of yellow- which is how I like my banana :) if I don't wait- I get to eat the crunchy green banana. Another example- chocolate chip cookies- yummm! Let's say I have to put them in the oven for 12 minutes for them to be perfect and I am soo impatient that I leave them in for 4 minutes- they will not be done and might even make me sick. Yes, my mama has taught me about salomenlla poisoning :) Then a real crucial example: a baby. If a baby comes early, there are serious implications for that infant's health. There is a reason why the baby is in the womb for 9 months- so that he or she is completely ready. Wow! Aren't those great practical examples. Waiting....My soul, wait in silence for God only, For my hope is from Him. Psalm 62:5 Yes, my soul, wait....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home