Wednesday, May 07, 2008

More Waiting

I wanted to write this excerpt from Waiting on God, which blesses me. God is trustworthy. Here it is:
Waiting continually will be met and rewarded by God Himself working continually. We are coming to the end our our lessons. I hope that you and I might learn one thing: God must, God will work continually, but the experience of it is hindered by unbelief. But, He who by His Spirit teaches you to wait continaully, will bring you to also experience how, as the everlasting One, His work is never-ceasing. In the love and the life and the work of God, there can be no break, no interruption.

Do not limit God in this by your thoughts of what may be expected. Do fix your eyes upon this one truth: in His very nature, God, as the only Giver of life, cannot do otherwise than every moment work in His child. Do not look only at the one side: "If I wait continaully, God will work continually." No, look at the other side. Place God first and say, God works continually; every moment I may wait on Him continually. Take time until the vision of your God working continually, without one moment's intermission, fills your being. Your waiting continaully will then come of itself. Full of trust and joy, the holy habit of the woul will be. "On Thee do I wait all the day." The Holy Spirit will keep you ever waiting.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Great stuff, Lynn.

We wait...we stretch...we act...we wait...we see God work.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Bob A said...

Good post. Waiting is really hard sometimes but oh, so worth it. Glanced down at a couple of earlier posts. Congrats on the mini-marathon. I like your shirt -- Hebrews 12:1-2 is my favourite passage.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home