Thursday, March 27, 2008

Tenderness

This morning I have to proclaim the excellencies of my God. It is so true that when we draw near to God He draws near to us. His tenderness is like no other. So I don't necessarily believe in Bible rush and roulette, but it seems like He's been directing my hands as I open His Word- ministering to me. I'm so thankful for Him. Psalm 59:14-16 "God in His lovingkindness will meet me;
God will let me look triumphantly upon my foes. Do not slay them, or my people will forget; Scatter them by Your power, and bring them down, O Lord, our shield.

But as for me, I shall sing of Your strength;
Yes, I shall joyfully sing of Your lovingkindness in the morning,
For You have been my stronghold
And a refuge in the day of my distress.
17 O my strength, I will sing praises to You;
For God is my stronghold, the God[24][Lit God of my lovingkindness- I like this! ] who shows me lovingkindness.

Yes- be my stronghold- I want more of Your lovingkindness. May you be encouraged by His lovingkindness as He has encouraged and will encourage me. I praise You Abba!
Jeremiah 32:17

One more thought....so, I love how old songs will pop into my head. I think I sang this old hymn in my church growing up....love the words.
Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
Thou art the Potter, I am the clay.
Mold me and make me after Thy will,
While I am waiting, yielded and still.
Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!

Search me and try me, Master, today!
Whiter than snow, Lord, wash me just now,
As in Thy presence humbly I bow.
Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!

Wounded and weary, help me, I pray!
Power, all power, surely is Thine!
Touch me and heal me, Savior divine.
Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!

Hold o’er my being absolute sway!
Fill with Thy Spirit till all shall see
Christ only, always, living in me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home