Monday, April 14, 2008

Katie Abbott



This blog entry is a tribute to the life of Katie Abbott. Katie entered into the gates of heaven this past Thursday and today friends of hers and her family remembered her life. The funeral service today was beautiful. I loved the variety of people in attendance from older people, to her friends from S and H Products and Joy Church here in Sidney- beautiful to see all of us united and Katie's presence united us. Truly as Katie was in a wheelchair, she did not let that limit the joy that she gave to people as countless people shared about her infectous smile; a smile that lit you up. I loved as one of the ladies of the church stated the entire Abbott family went on a mission trip; that initially she thought that Katie came along so that her dad could take care of her, but no- that Katie ministed to people- with teaching her boys about people in wheelchairs, to giving her smiles. I love that! Every life has 100% value- and I believe Katie's life truly has a special place in Jesus's heart. May we VALUE all people. Just because she could not talk as her speech therapist stated, Katie was one of the best communicators. We ended the service by taking communion and how touching that was...as Pastor Chris shared that Katie never could take communion as she could not safely swallow- but now she is partaking- fully. We got to celebrate with her as we partook communion. Lastly we sung Blessed Assurance- here's the last verse:

Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

Amen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate Alesso said...

Praise God that she can fully partake in the presence of God now. I actually found you by searching my name on Google. My name is also Katie Abbott. I was just looking around for others with my name, and your friend was the only other believing one.
Thanks for encouraging me. :)

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home