Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day



Happy Mother's Day! These are pictures of the women who have influenced me becoming a woman. My grandmas and my own mama. Mothers are important! Actually if you could pray for my grandma in the picture with the flowers- she has been severely sick; pray that for the Lord's healing- thank you!

So today I went to the early service at church since I was meeting at my parent's today at 10:45 AM. Sitting in church today we talked about authority. How appropriate as the thunder rumbled as we sat there. God is a good authority- Pastor Fred talked about the police and how they are there for our protection and even more so is the God of the universe! So sitting in church, I was a little bummed as I forgot my umbrella in my car! Thankfully we have these huge umbrellas at our church- so I used that to get to my car, although I still got wet! So windy! I started my car, pulled it up to the church, got my own umbrella as I retured the other one- whew! So off I went- and while still in the parking lot it started to hail! Thankfully just momentarily. I started driving on my St. Rt. 29 :) and it was raining so hard. Then the Holy Spirit just started pouring in His wisdom. He was showing me- that at times when there are storms in our lives- it is hard to see. The rain is coming down, my windshield wipers are working hard, but my vision is impacted. How true that is, when we go through a storm in our life. I also thought about the hail- the hail of a storm, it is painful. There are periods of storms in our lives that cause us pain and hurt. As I was driving in the midst of the downpour, I was thankful for this white car in front of me. Again the Holy Spirit reminded me that He is in front of me and behind me- Jesus- I'm desperate for You. The storm definately wasn't as scary with this car in front of me for multiple reasons. One- I could fix my eyes on this car and just follow- I didn't have to direct my own way. Two- I was also thankful for the tracks the car was making- I didn't have to worry about hydroplaning. Jesus thank You- that I can fix my eyes on You and You will direct my path. Jesus when I follow You- I don't have to worry about getting off track or crashing, but You provide safety- You are the shelter in the storm. This week Clark county had a tornado warning and even as I was driving I was thinking if there were a tornado- I would have to pull over and get shelter. When the storm is SO severe- it IS IMPERATIVE that we find shelter. If I stayed outside during a tornado- I would be just like Dorothy and get carried away to Oz- but seriously- I could die. When there are storms in our life it is IMPERATIVE that we find shelter- because death could ensue. So if you are going through a storm, come to the One who gives shelter- may you be encouraged by Psalm 91: Security of the One Who Trusts in the LORD. God gave this Psalm to me a couple of months ago when I was going through a storm, and God ministered to me- receive His goodness and His safety.

1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress,
My God, in whom I trust!"
3 For it is He who delivers you from the snare of the trapper
And from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with His pinions,
And under His wings you may seek refuge;
His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark.
5 You will not be afraid of the terror by night,
Or of the arrow that flies by day;
6 Of the pestilence that stalks[1][Or walks ] in darkness,
Or of the destruction that lays waste at noon.
7 A thousand may fall at your side
And ten thousand at your right hand,
But it shall not approach you.
8 You will only look on with your eyes
And see the recompense of the wicked.
9 For[2][Or For You O LORD are my Refuge; You have made the Most High your dwelling place] you have made the LORD, my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place.
10 No evil will befall you,
Nor will any plague come near your tent[3][Or dwelling ].
11 For He will give His angels charge concerning you,
To guard you in all your ways.
12 They will bear you up in their hands,
That you do not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread upon the lion and cobra,
The young lion and the serpent[4][Or dragon ] you will trample down.
14 "Because he has loved Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him securely on high, because he has known My name.
15 "He will call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble[5][Or distress ];
I will rescue him and honor him.
16 "With a long life I will satisfy him
And let[7][Or cause him to feast his eyes on ] him see My salvation."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home