Sunday, May 29, 2011

Follow the Yellow Brick Road



On Thursday this week I witnessed for the first time that I can remember a full arching rainbow. What a beautiful site! As I scanned from the beginning of the arch til the end of the arch I remembered the old saying that a pot of gold laid at the end of the rainbow. Then for some silly reason the song, "Follow the Yellow Brick Road" came into my mind. It's quite a catchy tune! ~ha! But, I've been thinking of the purpose of roads- it leads us to a destination. Many times in the Bible, God talks about His ways. Psalm 25:4-5 says, " Make me know Your ways, O LORD; Teach me Your paths. 5 Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
For You are the God of my salvation; For You I wait all the day." Then in Psalm 119 verses 1-5 " How blessed are those whose way is blameless, Who walk in the law of the LORD. How blessed are those who observe His testimonies,
Who seek Him with all their heart. 3 They also do no unrighteousness; They walk in His ways. 4 You have ordained Your precepts, That we should keep them diligently.
5 Oh that my ways may be established To keep Your statutes!" Truly walking on God's path is so beneficial! ....which I will term the Yellow Brick Road....for following this road at the end will be the true treasure (and really treasure for us along the way). Truly God has granted us His precious and magnificent promises!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home