Monday, June 04, 2007

10 K

Once again, my feet hit the pavement along the roads in Troy Ohio for the annual Strawberry Festival 10K. This year I felt a bit more prepared; however, as I ran there were two distinct times that I wanted to quit. Running can be a mental sport. As I ran I recalled to mind "Let us fix our eyes upon Jesus the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him, endured the cross, scorning the shame and sat down at the right hand of God. Consider Him who endured such evil opposition from men that you may not grow weary or lose heart." Renewing your mind is so important on this race of life we run. Amazingly, I was able to kick it in gear to give it my all to the finish line. What a feeling it is to finish and run well! I made my goal. But, I thought- how true it will be and so much sweeter when I finish this race of life by God's grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home