Saturday, January 27, 2007

The Color Red

We've heard of the Color Purple, but the pallet's color of choice today is red. Maybe you've seen the new Gap commercials dealing with their (Product) Red....Admi (red), Desi (red), Empowe (red). All of these products are made in Africa, with the campaign focusing on raising awareness of AIDS/HIV. Red is such a powerful color, don't you think? I think of Marilyn Monroe and think of red lip stick. I think of the bright red hues in the sky with a powerful sunset. This week my little toddlers were doing some finger painting in class using red finger paint on pink paper, of course in preparation of Valentine's Day. So why do we use red so much with Valentine's Day- red hearts are the basic color of choice. Then I thought of the color of blood....red. The very essence of our heart is blood and it's red. Jesus said, "No greater love is this, than a man lay down his life for his friends." When I see a Valentine may I think of the heart of my Savior, the power He displayed in His humility, who chose to give His blood as my cleansing as a symbol of His unfailing love. Red

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home