Tuesday, January 30, 2007

My Utmost for His Highest

What a wonderful title for this devotional. Lately I've been amazed at how on target each day has been to my life. Today's entry was titled the Dilemma of Obedience. Here's some thoughtful excerpts. "God never speaks to us in dramatic ways, but in ways that are easy to misunderstand. Then we say, 'I wonder if that is God's voice?' Isaiah said that the Lord spoke to him 'with a strong hand' that is, by the pressures of his circumstances. Without the sovereign hand of God Himself, nothing touches our lives. Do we discern His hands at work, or do we see things as mere occurrences?
Get into the habit of saying, 'Speak, LORD,' and life will become a romance. Every time circumstances press in on you, say, 'Speak LORD,' and make time to listen. Chastening is more than a means of discipline- it is meant to bring me to the point of saying, 'Speak, LORD.'"

I want to say- speak LORD- Holy Spirit help me to listen and obey- may there be no dilemma, but an assurance of Your voice- as I delight to do Thy will- Thy good and perfect will. I want a life of listening to the One who has been given the title of LORD. In Your precious Name Jesus, Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home